A number of local shops show tremendous amounts of support for us through a variety of ways:
- Sharing information — spreading the word on SVMTB and responsible cycling by making brochures, guides, and other materials available.
- Supporting signature drives — SVMTB often collects signatures to support our efforts in the trail communities; local shops play a key role in successful campaigns.
- Donating prizes and awards — SVMTB periodically hosts events like our movie fundraiser in 2012. We give away prizes and awards to people who were active in our advocacy efforts throughout the year. Businesses are recognized for their donations.
- Leading a ride — promoting responsible cycling by leading a SVMTB group ride. A shop’s ride leadership is recognized in all ride listings in the newsletter and on the web.
- Hosting a meeting or club event — SVMTB holds regular membership meetings, talks, an annual swap meet, and other events. Attract customers to your business by hosting one of these events in your shop.
- Providing discounts to members — attracting business to your shop by providing discounts on accessories or bikes to SVMTB members. If you desire, your discount will be highlighted in our newsletter and on our website.
Here are several shops that support our efforts:
Calmar Cycles, Inc.
2236 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
903 Castro St.
Mountain View, CA 94041
Cupertino Bike Shop
10625 S. Foothill Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
Palo Alto Bicycles
170 University Ave. Palo Alto
Passion Trail Bikes
415 Old County Rd, Belmont
1177 Kern Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Trail Head Cyclery
14390 Union Ave, San Jose
If your bike shop would like to support SVMTB, please let us know, and we’ll add you to the list.